The color scheme in your home between your walls and floor says a lot about your taste and preferences. If you have gray walls but you don’t know what wood floor colors to use, don’t worry, you are in the right place. If you have a small room and you need the floor colors to make the room seem spacious, white will be a perfect choice. Even if you use contrasting colors, the end game is for the colors to complement each other.
Gray walls grant you the possibility of working with bold décor. Since gray is a neutral color, you can play around with different floor color tones of wood including dark and light brown.
When choosing colors for your living space, you should always follow a color scheme to avoid color clashing. When colors don’t complement or match each other, they can be strenuous to your eyesight. That is something that you want to avoid.
So how should you choose your colors? Well, if the gray on your walls has red undertones it means it is a warm color but if the undertones are blue, it’s a cool color. You can ascertain this by just looking at your wall. So let’s have a look at some of the colors that go well with gray walls.
If you are going for a warm natural look, then light brown is a perfect choice. It will blend well with the gray walls and offer comfort when you are at home. With a light brown color for your wood flooring, you can choose furniture that is dark brown. A white centerpiece like a table will contrast the whole look making it vibrant.
Light Natural Wood
Another wooden floor color that will give your home vibrancy and warmth is the light natural wood. You need a natural expression of the colors that you choose. Selecting light natural wood will ensure that your home maximizes the light and aesthetic value of the whole look. A good example of light natural wood will be pine and hickory
If your space is small, then white will be a great combo for the gray walls. Naturally, there is no white wood but you can pick natural wood and paint it white. If you are not good at painting, get a professional painter to do the job.
White flooring will make your small space appear bigger. Even when you check out different interior designs online, you will find that most small spaces embrace the color white.
When you are out decorating your home, it’s all about balance, from furniture size to color choice. The dark gray color will match the gray walls for a dramatic effect.
You don’t want your house to look as if you are sad. You want a home that is cheerful making you feel alive and not depressed. If you choose the dark gray, break up the colors with light warm colors that complement the whole look.
Finally, gray walls match perfectly well with dark wood especially dark brown wooden floors. The contrast is awesome and the combination gives off boldness. Do not be afraid to experiment with different hues. Just make sure that your eyes are comfortable when you look around at your space. When choosing dark brown colors think of chestnut and walnut.
So now that you know what wood floor colors you can pair with your gray walls, let’s take a look at why you should use wooden floors in your home.
Benefits of Using Wooden Floors
- Wood is a great choice for flooring because it is easy to maintain and clean.
- Wood is durable and with good care, it will last for quite a long time
- The colors don’t fade because they are mostly natural colors
- Wood is versatile even if you change your home décor
- They are cost-effective considering they will last you a long time
- You can easily refinish if you want a new look or even color
In order to get the best wood color for your floor, experiment with different colors so that you can choose a suitable one.
What Affects the Choice of Colors?
Your room does not only need to be functional but also beautiful and inviting. There are two main factors that will affect how you pair your colors and that is the size of the room and the function of the room.
- Size of the room. If your room is small, it will need a color that makes it look big and spacious. White will certainly make your space appear bigger without much trying on your part. You can incorporate other ideas like the use of mirrors which will instantly expand your space. The secret is to have the space as open as possible. Try not to cramp it.
- Function of the room. Another thing that will affect the colors that you select for your floor is the function of the room. You can choose a dark color for your bedroom floor whereas a brighter one like white or light brown will be a good choice for your living room or kitchen. The key is opening up your spaces especially where a lot of people might converge at one given time.
Choose colors that fit your personality and the interior design that you have in mind. Light natural wood floors will allow you to entertain in a rustic look. Be bold and daring while experimenting with different colors.
All in all, you can pair your gray walls with the above list of wood floor colors. Following a color scheme will help you match the warm and cool colors correctly without any hiccups. The elegance and beauty of your home depend on the colors that you use plus the furniture.
When you identify the colors that you want, contact a professional to do the flooring for you to ensure that your floor will be durable and last a long time.